Skip To Main Content

Major Clarity and Recommendations


Major Clarity


  MajorClarity aligns students' academic plans with career exploration, postsecondary planning, and work-based learning. The interactive content  increases students' likelihood of selecting a career aligned plan of study by 189%.

  Seniors must link their Common App with Major Clarity to allow the school/counselor to be able to upload transcripts, school reports, and counselor recommendations.   

Common App is a company/website that allows students to apply to more than one college at a time. About 950 colleges and universities around the world accept the Common App. The majority of NC colleges use the Common App.    Instructions on how to link Common App to Major Clarity...

  1.) Students must sign into Major Clarity through Class Link.  
2.) On the Common App you will fill out the FERPA Waiver. This is located under any college you have started an application for.  
3.) You will sign into Major Clarity and go to the Application Center on the left-hand side.  
4.) At the top you will see Common App. Click link account and sign in to the Common App to finish linking your Common App account with your Major Clarity account.  
5.) You will be taken back to Major Clarity. Under the Application Center, you will see Common App with the options to "Add a counselor" or to "Add a teacher." You must add your counselor.  

This is the only way we can see your application. This is important because the schools you apply to will need a school report, your transcript, and they might need a counselor's recommendation. This is also the only way you can add teacher recommendations.  


Students needing a counselor's recommendations must fill out a Senior Resume. The Senior Resume can be located here!

Students seeking a teacher recommendation can add current Craven County Schools teachers in Major Clarity and assign them to the specific school they would like the recommendation to go to. Students should always ask their teacher if they can be used for a recommendation before doing it.

Students looking to get someone outside of Craven County Schools to write them a recommendation need to go through Common App under "Other Recommendations."