Skip To Main Content




To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study funds, and loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form. Completing and submitting the FAFSA form is free, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to help pay for college or career school.
In addition, many states and colleges use your FAFSA information to determine your eligibility for state and school aid, and some private financial aid providers may use your FAFSA information to determine whether you qualify for their aid.

Every student should fill out the FAFSA no matter the situation. You might qualify for free money and you never have to take any federal loan.

FAFSA Opens: December 1


N.C. Residency

All students will be required to complete a RDS (N.C. Residency) when completing a college application. The purpose of this is to determine if you are a resident of North Carolina or not. If you have lived in North Carolina longer than a year, then you will be charged in-state tuition.